WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

StartupNation Home-Based 100 as a marketing opportunity

13»

Comments

• Options
    MRNMRSHOPEMRNMRSHOPE subscriber Posts: 2
    I am truly blessed to live where I do...I live on a dairy farm surrounded by the beautiful Appalachian mountains, next to the Nolichucky River, just outside of the oldest town in TN - Jonesborough.  It`s almost idealic - I couldn`t imagine a better place to raise my two girls.  If you ever get a chance I invite you or anyone else for that matter, to visit our area of East TN.  We have great historical sites and plenty of interesting festivals to attend.  The mountain scenery this time of year is a sight to see. 
    P.S. - Your dips have my mouth watering.  I`ll have to try you out for my next catering job.  
  • Options
    ConfirmBizConfirmBiz subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Janie,

Why didn`t your husband want you to send this out to your online customers?  I haven`t included it in my email marketing to my prospects (B2B) - I`m concerned that they`ll lose confidence in our ability to "handle" their business since we our home-based.  Our service is "virtual" and there`s abolutely no good reason to work any other way -  if we did it would be totally out of line with the whole reason we exist - efficiency.  Is this your husbands concern, too?  Does anyone else have any thoughts on this 

Thanks! 
    Michele
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I think Janie should go for it as well.  My clients, vendors, design peers and others think the entire contest aspect of the event it good fun - and if they didn`t like me, or appreciate my work, they wouldn`t take the time to make the effort.
    - J.
  • Options
    Hey Jeff, I`m still voting for you and YOU ARE HOT!!!!

Thanks so much!  (I`m doing the same for you)  Some friends and I have been a little busy promoting the competition...
  • Options
    Pam -
    Twitter is a micro-blogging social network tool.  You are limited to posting a 140 character statement - about any topic.  You develop a following of other "tweeters" and can follow the "tweets" of others.  In nearly two weeks it`s been a successful marketing/networking tool for me:  Tweet! Tweet!: LogoMotives is all a-TwitterThis piece on social networking/media might be helpful to you.
    - J.
  • Options

Jeff...do you ever sleep?  Your social networking list!!!........., I will go back and check it out again later.  I have some things to do. :) You, go Jeff!! Janie

Janie -
    By coming up with with client-directed, concise profile information it doesn`t take a great deal of time to set up social networking pages  - and they all bring business my way.
    It`s been fun marketing the Home-Based 100 Competition via social media and social networking.  I hope people are learning about StartupNation and the wide variety of online marketing opportunities at the same time.Twitter has become a great tool for promoting my competition in the Home-Based 100.  I now have people I don`t even know "retweeting" and `tweeting" about my participation - to the larger and unknown networks of their followers. 
    A quick look at Twitter Search shows that others are making use of Twitter to promote their Home-based 100 participation as well.
  • Options
    MRNMRSHOPEMRNMRSHOPE subscriber Posts: 2
    I can attribute three recent orders as coming from SUN members, so I definitely think the competition, even in the entering and voting stages, has helped my business.  I am soon becoming a fan of the online social networking sites.  After reading Jeff`s post re: twittering I checked out the site and joined.  I posted the twitter blog on my home page last week and have added three updates to date.  I already have two followers, neither of which I may have never been introduced to if it weren`t for the blog.