Passive marketing through passionate blogging

LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
edited August 2008 in Marketing
In addition to the topics of design, branding, identity design and marketing, the posts on bLog-oMotives often include mentions related to my passion (and therapy) of gardening.
A couple weeks ago I blogged about making a garden umbrella stand out
of a flowerpot. Late this past week the post appeared on the site Apartment Therapy.
It`s brought a lot of traffic to my blogs, and blogfolio, and even
one request for a bid on a logo project. Last month a statewide newsmagazine wrote an article about my garden - which also came to be due to my gardening blogging.  It too has resulted in potential clients. In a way my garden-related
posts have become a subtle marketing tool for my design business.
Just something for others to consider when blogging to get maximum exposure for their business efforts.
- J.
LogoMotives8/24/2008 1:22 PM

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 8
    Very Cool Guys.. I bet you have a great garden Jeff.

Craig, I bet anything you write is worth reading..
    I tend to go on and one and on.. so blogging is not my thing. My partner loves to blog and is great at it. He has a great one at 3dwalkthroughs.com and keeps up our other blogs. It has certainly helped business.

Erin
  • TheMarketersMechanicTheMarketersMechanic subscriber Posts: 1
    I have a similar situation. My retailing blog is pretty static, but I blog regularly on a project that I am working on to help my partner and all those people who care for people with disabilities who need to manage their environment to make life easier. I get quite a bit of cross pollination.