WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

LocallyReferred.com

j0schm03j0schm03 subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2012 in Website Critique
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I've been on here but I wanted to share with the community a new startup I'm currently working on www.locallyreferred.com.
Statistics show that 90% of consumers online trust recommendations by friends and family.
LocallyReferred allows small businesses to set up a referral rewards program which encourages customers to share their purchases made offline in the real world with the online world through Facebook, Twitter and more.
Here's how it works:
Step 1. Joe learns about your referral program after making a purchase in your store and simply scans the QR code on his receipt.
Step 2. Joe is taken to your offer page located at LocallyReferred.com which explains that when he shares your offer on Facebook and a friend redeems a voucher through his link they will both get a discount on their purchase.Step 3. Joe decides to share your offer on Facebook and his friend clicks the post on their wall. Joe's friend redeems the voucher and comes into your store to make a purchase.Step 4. You simply verify the voucher at checkout and Joe instantly gets an email notifying him that he successfully referred a friend! Joe now has a voucher waiting in his account offering him a discount on his next visit as a big THANK YOU from your business!
This is a great way to get your customers to share your brand! I have not yet seen another business that is connecting offline purchases with the online world. What I would like to add in the future is the ability to dynamically create the QR codes based on the items purchased. This would allow me to share my actual purchases on Facebook. If I just bought the coolest new sunglasses in town I could actually include the picture of the sunglasses in my post on Facebook.
I would love to hear everyone's feedback and thoughts on the site. Feel free to create an account and check it out! I'm working on a how it works video now which I hope to have done very soon!