WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Seeking advice for women`s denim website

MercedesMercedes subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2008 in Website Critique
Hello everyone,

I recently launched a new website www.jeanotype.com (very recently, Feb 18th to be exact). Its goal is to recommend denim jeans to women based off of their body types. Most fashion mags come out with a denim guide every year that addresses this, so my goal was to try to make my site into a one-stop-shop for which they can get the recommendation and then buy the jeans too.

I have had over 950 visits thus far and users are viewing an average of about 7 pages/visit, but I`ve only yielded a couple of sales so far. I know it takes users a few visits to trust a site enough to buy, but geez, I really would`ve thought that my sales would better reflect the viewership. So, that leads me to wonder - what is it about my site that fails to close the sale? 

Also, if anyone has any good marketing advice, I would love to hear it. So far, I have sent out press releases, e-newsletters, and am looking into some reasonably-priced banner ads on fashion blogs/newsletters, but as I`m sure every small business owner on a tight budget knows, cost-effective marketing is key.

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing your advice!