WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

My Introduction

ncub8ncub8 subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2008 in New Member Welcome
Hi There,
My name is John Moore. Undoubtedly you know that 80% of small businesses fail - almost right away. I actually flip that ratio and will give the start-ups I work with a greater than 400% increase in their chance of becoming profitable in the first two years.
How will I do that?
We are building a technology incubator company which will provide funding, services, guidance, and business acceleration for the start-ups we work with. We plan on opening shop in 2009 with a stellar team.
In case you didn`t know, incubators are great because historically they - multiply the chance of a business succeeding, mitigate risk for investors, build local jobs and the local economy faster and cheaper than almost any traditional means.
We will be focusing on Southern Maine, but we currently have a potential client in Silicon Valley, so we will be somewhat nimble. We have a great team, which is growing, and great relationships with capital providers.
I look forward to chatting with many of you here.ncub811/25/2008 11:44 AM