WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Funding changed with economy?

jcwilde1jcwilde1 subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2008 in Startup Funding
I have read that venture funding may be harder to come by with the economy the way it is right now. Does anyone have any information into this subject? I am not talking about smaller funding but funding of 250k and higher.
Anyone get funding recently that can prove otherwise?

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I have read that venture funding may be harder to come by with the economy the way it is right now. Does anyone have any information into this subject? I am not talking about smaller funding but funding of 250k and higher.
    Anyone get funding recently that can prove otherwise?

jcwilde,

Having been through several cycles (no one quite like the other) what I will say is that good opportunities can acquire capital. As Mark indicated, the due diligence may be more "in depth" and may take longer.

There is a lot of cash "out there" right now. One possible plus is that there may be less "noise" competing for the attention of capital sources.

So as always - if one has a solid situation, presents it well to the right people - I believe they can successfully acquire the capital.
    robertj12/17/2008 3:04 PM