WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Uniform Franchise Offering Circular

BigTopBigTop subscriber Posts: 4
My wife is looking at a home-based business that happens to be a franchise.  She talked to the regional manager (herself a franchisee) who praised the company.  My wife was then referred by her to the corporate HQ.   She emailed the company and requested information and a copy of the UFOC.  The company told her she would have to pay a $90 information fee to receive this.    Is this a common practice among franchisors?Thanks,-Top
BigTop2006-12-27 22:20:37

Comments

• RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0
    Try this Franchise.  It`s FREE to sign up (never pay) to access our Success Guide.  We also have affiliate programs that one can sign up for a Trial Period (do not have to upgrade, ever) but this is where we make our monies.
    Again, free to sign up!
    RSchlieper (Ron)
  • AnneHAnneH subscriber Posts: 0
    Paying for the UFOC is NOT common practice at all.  Seems like your wife may be getting into something she wont want to be involved in.

I bought a franchise several years ago.  Before I bought it, I checked into literally dozens of franchises and got UFOC on them.  I also physically visited a number at their headquarters.

There`s tons and tons of franchises available, just don`t ever pay for a UFOC if you decide to get involved in one.