WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Getting business ideas from other countries.

jacksonallanjacksonallan subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2010 in Selecting a Business
Many entrepreneurs have made their millions by simply taking a business idea from one country and applying it in another country where there is a gap in the market.I am a 23 year old Entrepreneur from Australia. In 2006 I jumped into the music business and ran a music festival in Brisbane. I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a lot about myself, but I also learned that the music business is not for me. There are two music promotion firms in Australia that are run by rich play boys whose wealthy parents subsidize their businesses in order to keep their sons out of trouble. I don`t have a source of cash to compete in price wars and it makes no sense to. So I have started travelling the world to learn new things and find new business ideas. I am writing a blog on all the international business ideas, models and opportunities that I come across in my travels. Subscribe to my blog and you can also benefit as I travel the globe in search of ideas. For example I found a gap in the market for billboard advertising on UK highways which I have written a post about.

Comments