WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Incorporation question for new business

CrossionoCrossiono subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in Business Planning
Hello Everyone,
I am incorporating a business called Crossno Investments Inc. .  This business will be investing in Real estate, automobiles, tennis, and people. 

Will Crossno Investments Inc. be an umbrella over these other businesses if they are dba cii real estate, cii autos, cii tennis, cii personal development?
Or can I simply keep it Crossno Investments Inc. and buy and sell real estate, autos etc...

If i use dba for the other companies will i need seperate business liscense for each.

I plan to incorporate now and start investing in real estate and then using real estate for collateral for auto sales business and then teaching tennis and running personal development website.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Jason
http://www.jasoncrossno.com/cii

Crossiono4/3/2008 5:47 PM

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Jason,
    Generally speaking, a corporation can engage in almost any lawful business (exceptions include banking and activities that require special qualifications /licensing such as CPA).
    However, you may not want to expose all your business assets to the same liability under one entity. You really need to consult an attorney about your specific situation.
  • Options
    BillS1022BillS1022 subscriber Posts: 0
    Jason,

You may also want to consider if you want to use the word "Investment" in your name.  In today`s market, anything with the word investment or real estate raises red flags at the banks, and it may be more difficult for you to get funding.  FYI.

Bill