WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Anyone advertise on AM talk radio?

SCVS800SCVS800 subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Marketing
I know this is highly dependent on the size of the station you are advertising through, but has anyone ever advertised their business on AM talk radio?  I am looking at doing this in the Southern California area and would like to know about your experience with radio advertising.  Thanks in advance.SCVS8004/28/2008 1:05 PM

Comments

• Options
    lmckaylmckay subscriber Posts: 1
    My brother did for his roofing company. He did ok with it. It was a little pricey. I think he would have done better if he could have gotten into a larger show. Keep in mind the show you sponser... You may want to listen to the caller and see if they are the kind of people you want to deal with. Just a thought!
  • Options
    studiocheriestudiocherie subscriber Posts: 6
    There is a station in Seattle that gives traffic updates on the 7 or something like that.  At 7:07 and 7:17 and 7:27 etc.  Anyway, I was on there accidentally one time by giving an interview to their person on the street and we got to talking business and I told her about mine.  Having moved away from Seattle 6 years ago, I didn`t realize how people rely on that station and have it on in their cars all of the time.  I am sure there is a station in Southern California that has a similar ploy to capture the all day commute audience.  That would be a good place to advertise.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    SCVS800SCVS800 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for all of the replies.  I am shooting for the top by looking into advertising on the largest talk radio station in Southern California.  It is based in LA and they have a huge amount of market share in Sothern California.  There is also another station,  KNX-1070 that has a business hour around 12pm, but I`m sure getting airtime during that segment would cost an arm and a leg.  I have noticed over the past couple of years that the same companies continue to advertise on these stations,  I can only assume from this that the camapaigns are working.

Thanks again,