WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help with TV and video marketing

2»

Comments

• BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks! We are currently paying $5.00 for the next 200 videos that are uploaded. So not only is it free, but we will pay you!
    I`d better hurry up and let everyone know then!  Great idea. I love it more already!
  • QoofQoof subscriber Posts: 1
    We will actually pay up to $25.00 for 5 videos. We don`t pay per view since the idea is that the video will link to your product page or website or that of a company you are affiliated with like Amazon.com.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Can I take a turn to bend this thread on a small tangent?  Comments would be appreciated.I am a videographer and I have been putting together a video product that would provide the business owner with a professional video crew to tape up to three minutes of video of their business, product, or whatever video content they want to generate.  The deliverables would be their video encoded for the web using the best Flash (recommended), MOV, MPEG4 or DiVX tools.  We can also provide video transcoding that any cable or broadcast TV distributor can accept. (An extra charge applies) What I don`t have is a streaming option such as Qoof, MyVideoTalk, BroadcastliveVideo, and other services mentioned in this thread.What the client gets is a professionally shot and edited video of their business pitch or their product, edited and encoded using professional video tools at a cost far below the retail price of any one of the pro tools used.A three-minute video will take about two hours to set up and shoot, and the fee starts at $595.Steve MannMannMade Digital Video
  • XaviXXaviX subscriber Posts: 0
    I too was contacted by this company International Shopping Network.  It seems like a total scam to me.  I have dealt with many types of companies and buyers over the years and NEVER have I been asked to send $500 overnight for them to "evaluate" our products!  Needless to say we did not do it.  I requested information from some of their past customers and that request was ignored.  I would be vary wary of any company asking for money to evaluate a product.  I am not sure if this is illegal but it seems highly unethical. 
  • jacobbenjacobben subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey yes the most cost effective i s IPTV, with fiber optics usage bandwith it is rocking the market now................
  • BkatzBkatz subscriber Posts: 0
    We were contacted by this company and given the same line about overnighting the money and product since the focus group was meeting in the next few days.  Needless to say, communications have been almost non-existent after getting our money.  They got $700 from us and we are a very small business and that hurt.
    We just filed a complaint with the BB in Florida.  I am pretty sure we were scammed.
    I too was contacted by this company International Shopping Network.  It seems like a total scam to me.  I have dealt with many types of companies and buyers over the years and NEVER have I been asked to send $500 overnight for them to "evaluate" our products!  Needless to say we did not do it.  I requested information from some of their past customers and that request was ignored.  I would be vary wary of any company asking for money to evaluate a product.  I am not sure if this is illegal but it seems highly unethical. 
  • PEPPERCOPEPPERCO subscriber Posts: 0
    This is a SCAM. <<I enjoyed speaking with you earlier today.  I look forward to receiving the product sample and presenting it to the focus group.If you’re product is approved by ISN, our first step will be to make an opening purchase order and offer the product for sale on our Yahoo TM Shopping website.  We will work hand-in-hand with you throughout the whole process.  The next step in our partnership is to develop a script and press release.  After you approve the script, we will shoot the TV commercials and promotional video.  The footage will then be edited into :30 and :60 second direct response TV commercials.  We will also provide you with a :120 second promotional video for your own use.  The commercials will air nationally a minimum of (500) times in a combination of any or all the following stations:  Network Affiliates (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX), Independents (PAX, WB, UPN), and chosen Cable Networks.  The commercials will air between the hours of 6 a.m. and 12 midnight.  ISN will warehouse inventory, take inbound calls, process transactions, ship product to consumers, and provide customer service. ISN will also be a wholesale distributor of your products.  After the retailers buy the products from ISN, we will air commercials in their local areas.  At the end of these commercials, instead of showing the ISN toll-free phone number, consumers will be shown a list of their local retailers.  This will help to drive sales into the retail market.    As discussed earlier, before we make an initial purchase order, we need you to overnight a sample for the focus group and a check payable to International Shopping Network for the $700 Submission Fee.   If we approve your product, ISN will be solely responsible for all costs of the video production, media buys, fulfillment, wholesale distribution and all other costs involved.  If approved, ISN will make an opening order.  All of ISN’s purchase orders are paid on a COD basis.I will call you in a few days and let you know the results of the focus group’s evaluation. 

Sincerely,

Daniel Ettlinger

Senior Purchasing Director

International Shopping Network

127 NW 13th Street Suite 5

Boca Raton

, FL33432

Phone 561-395-3339

Fax 561-395-8997

I Sent $700 to this Company, Thjey Never call me. They are not answering the phone, They are not returning my call. Be Aware !!!

You can contact me : jm@mboule.com for more information
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Jayme:

Thanks for starting this great posting.

Caretess:

Wow, I am a believer, I have to check out YouTube...is PeeWee your dog? How funny.

Thanks again.

Colleen