WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Getting Started with an e-commerce website

JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
 Hi All,I would like to develop an e-commerce web-site to sell all types of promotional products. How do I get started? I am not very computer savvy, but need to learn so I can make  my own changes.Where do I begin? You help is greatly appreciated.jack

Comments

• JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for your quick response!I did open a paypay account, but need a site...What am I missing?Jack
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi Jack
    You can make a simple web page by learning html see http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/</A>   It only takes about a week to learn.
    You can get free web site hosting at www.20m.com</A>.
    Ideas to get web page visitors see http://www.helptosucceed.love-au.com/</A>
  • SnoMonSnoMon subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi Jack,I recently launched my e-commerce site, in fact we are still working on a handful of elements still, but we are about 90% complete.  My web designer and I have been working on this since July.  An e-commerce site build is no easy task.I would recommend researching "small business e-commerce web designers" (or a keyword phrase along those lines).  You need to keep in mind search engine friendliness and usability. There are a number of template solutions available, but you have to be careful with those as often they are restrictive and not very search engine friendly.  There are also a handful of Open Source solutions available.  Open Source is free and supported by a voluntary group of programmers.  An example of an Open Source shopping cart is Zen-Cart.com I don`t want to get too long winded here.  Do you have any specific questions I can address?  Again, having just gone through this process, I`m happy to share what I`ve learned.
  • JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you all.. I will explore all the ideas and will keep you posted!Regards,Jack