WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Site Critique Please!

JVbytheSeaJVbytheSea subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in Website Critique
At www.MyIslandArt.com we are an online gallery specializing in Caribbean and Island-Themed art.  I have finally completed loading my catalog content and the site is now fully uploaded.  Working with the templated table format presented some challenges to say the least.  I would appreciate any of your expert opinions as to it`s layout, design, and effectiveness.  I will now begin the marketing side and working to improve page position.  Thanks in advance.
JVbytheSea6/11/2008 1:03 PM

Comments

• Options
    Thanks guys for the help.  I read your evaaluations and quickly ran to the site with fire extinguisher in hand.  I`ve made some of the adjustments already starting with the heavy legal baggage.  I will make the other adjustments as I believe all the evaluations were valid.  Adjusting the banner image will probably be the most difficult.  I think the image software compressed the file and quality suffered as a result.  This was just the type of insight I needed.  Thanks again.
  • Options
    SpeedJunkyzSpeedJunkyz subscriber Posts: 2
    I think the coloring is really nive as well as the overall composition !

GOOD LUCK !
  • Options
    Thanks Craig.  I wanted to originally do just what you suggested with the artist`s bio, but I can only link to a page, not a specific position on the page...at least I believe that to be the case.  I`ll revisit the subject. 

Thanks to all for the valuable feeback I was given.  Revising Titles, revamping banner graphics, image stock, policy omissions, etc. are all easy fixes.  I`m encouraged to see the result wasn`t "trash the site and start from scratch".  This has been an encouraging process for me.