WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Network Engeneer forced to be Web Designer

IvanYIvanY subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in Website Critique
Hi!
Let me tell you from the beginning - I`m not a web designer. I`m Network Engineer, but my boss thinks that since I`m in IT, web design must be something I do as well as fixing computers and keeping the network running  
I did my best and everything is done by me - color scheme, code, flash and images. Please criticize to help me make it better.
I appreciate every comment - good or bad.
Site: www.allinc.com
Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Nice work.

One thing you should consider is changing the title and description tags for each web page.
    Change them to be descriptive of the content of each respective web page.

The only other point is on the applicances and cabnetry design pages, when the images change in the center of the page the spacing between the paragraph above and below the image shrinks then grows. That space for the image should be defined in px height and width to avoid that problem.

~Roland
  • Options
    Roland, thank you! Will change the titles and now, since you`ve mentioned the spacing, I`m noticing it too. Will change as you suggested! 
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I think you have too many keywords in your metatags.
    Invisible keywords .... can get you penalized in search engines.
  • Options
    Thanks Webline, I`ll choose keywords more carefully and cut unnecessary one.

Please keep the comments coming - I would really like to hear from you. Good or bad.
    IvanY12/17/2007 11:19 AM
  • Options
    Joann,
    Are you suggesting to change the color scheme or pictures to add more contrast? The idea was to have it smooth and soothing. Sounds like I`ve overdone it. Correct?
    Thanks.