WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What Should I do?

alan081954alan081954 subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2007 in Selecting a Business
I am unemployed,under educated (went to 10th grade) I want to start a small homebased biz of my own. I was thinking maybe a  worm farm...who knows. I have $1000.00 to do something with to generate an income. A 2 car garage that can be used to work in. My wife is skilled in embroidery from her current job,which is closing next Aug. and moving. I can not afford an embroidery machine. Any ideas on what I can do with this $1000.00 to get me started?

Comments

• MdcnMnMdcnMn subscriber Posts: 10
    You may also be able to start a cleaning service.  Not sure how strong your local market may be, but I think $1000 is more then enough to buy supplies.  You can print fliers using your home computer and drop them off with local business. You may also be able to advertise in a local newspaper, and of course there`s always word of mouth marketing! Regardless of what you start, success has to be earned.