WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Website Suggestions

InspireStudentsInspireStudents subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Greetings All,
I hope this post finds everyone blessed and in good health.
When you have time please view my website www.inspirestudents.org</A> and let me know your thoughts and suggestions on how to make it more marketable and get the traffic to the site as well as buyers

Comments

• JRunyardJRunyard subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello,Without going into too much review I noticed that the site had some "jittery" issues when rolling over the cards on the home page. Also on the "Our Company" page you have a couple typos. First sentence under History, I think "motived" should be "motivated"? And under Graphic Design the last sentence should have "started" instead of "stated".Try titling your pages other than "Welcome to Inspirationpostcards.com" with a little more descriptive phrase that utilizes your keywords. Also make sure you have description tags in your pages to help with search engines.Other than that I site is clear, concise and to the point. Easy to navigate and see what samples you have to order.Now start looking for places to link to or advertise inexpensively on.Good luck!
  • InspireStudentsInspireStudents subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you all so much for your comments and words of wisdom.  I will be working on the site and will have some major changes within the next week.  Please re-visit and let me know what you think.  Thanks again
  • InspireStudentsInspireStudents subscriber Posts: 2
    Okay, some changes have been made to my site please view it and let me know what you think about the new changes.  www.inspirestudents.org</A> 
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I did not see your first site, so this is a fresh viewpoint.First NEVER EVER use yellow text.  It`s almost impossible to read.  Also, your background scales rather badly, it`s too big and it makes difficult reading of the text that overlaps it.The "statistics" mean nothing to me and I don`t see the relevance to the idea of sending an inspirational message.  Unless the disadvantaged students are your only target market, but that would be limiting your scope.  Quite severely.I don`t care for the Google logo, or the whole paragraph describing the Google credit card processing.  Maybe that`s just me, but I don`t care who processes your credit cards.  I just expect you to stand behind all transactions.The last paragraph is a major turn-off.  In fact, if I were considering your service, that rather verbose non-delivery guarantee would stop me cold.  Why in the world would you run "out of stock"?   Order more stock before it becomes a problem.I can see some potential here.  I can think of other times that I would like to go online to order a card to be sent on short notice.
  • aaronserrandsaaronserrands subscriber Posts: 6
    hi,
    my first impression is that it is hard to read with the colors. The text ovet the graphics is very hard to read. At first glance i had no idea what it was about. Maybe if you added pictures on the home page about what you are trying to sell, it will help keep peoples attention.
    best wishes,
    aaron