WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

E-Commerce store is up and live - Please review

1Giftking1Giftking subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2007 in Website Critique
Hello Startup Nation.  I am new to the community, but I think this web site is great.  My wife and I recently launched an E-commerce site (www.willowgiftshop.com) a few months ago and I would love to get some feedback on it.  For all of you E-comm and web experts, let me know what you think.Thanks,The Willow Basket Gift Shop

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    I have a couple of suggestions.
    First of all, I think you should take a few items and create a "Our Bestsellers" or "Our Recommendations" category, for two reasons:
    1.  Customers often get confused when confronted with too many choices - and thus won`t buy anything.
    2. People who shop online tend to be in more of a hurry, than offline shoppers.
    Having a bestsellers or recommendations category will make the decision-making process somewhat quicker and easier for your customers.
    I also think you should start a testimonials page.
    Nothing puts online shoppers minds more at ease than seeing how satisfied previous customers are.
    Dale King
  • ZaiZai subscriber Posts: 2
    I think your site looks great - being in the same business myself - I also just recently started a family run business.