WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

The Best Websites to Publish Your Articles

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    It`s not on Google`s best interest to show the same article more than once within the first results.

Zeke, where are you getting your information from?

That`s a myth, just like that whole duplicate content thing is a myth and I can prove it by shattering both myths. Right here, right now.

One of my articles 10 Proven Tips For Making Money Online appears 5 times in the first 10 results for my chosen keyword phrase, out of nearly a half million results. One myth shattered.

And since that`s one article in multiple locations, that`s duplicate content appearing on the first page of results multiple times. Both myths shattered.

And this is not an isolated case either. I`ve seen it occur on many other occassions with many other articles.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/13/2009 9:32 AM
  • Options
    DavidJohnsonDavidJohnson subscriber Posts: 0
    Web 2.0 social networks Submitting your articles to the most popular Web 2.0 social networks can seriously boost your traffic. For a comprehensive list of these networks check out this link: http://www.theoutsourcingcompany.com/bl ... our-artic..
  • Options
    DCCSCSDCCSCS subscriber Posts: 6
    From what I have read here, I understand that it is important to write articles and publish them, my questions are:
    -How long should each article be?
    -Is it better to write on a variety of topics or a few topics from a variety of angles?
    -Is there a recommended frequency of submission? (Let`s say I want to write 12 articles, and will write all 12 over a week or so.  Do I write them and submit them all in one day?  Submit them over one week?  2 a week? 1 a week?  How much do I spread it out?)
  • Options
    Brandon, there really aren`t any a hard fast rules for article marketing except one...be committed. I`ll answer your questions based on my own personal experience.

How long should each article be?

EzineArticles.com, the #1 article directory in the world will only accept articles that are at least 250 words. So that`s a good guideline to follow.Is it better to write on a variety of topics or a few topics from a variety of angles?That`s a matter of personal preference. I choose to focus on a single niche - marketing. Others write on a variety of different topics. Write whatever you`re comfortable writing.Is there a recommended frequency of submission?

I find you get more mileage out of your articles if you stagger your submissions. For example, if you write 12 articles, spread them out over a six day period by submitting two articles each day - or one article each day for 12 days.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/13/2009 11:50 AM
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    david - i concur with you on the duplicate content issue.  this has been a long debated topic. however from personal experience and results of colleagues it is clearly a myth.  search engines most care about good quality content from what i have experienced so far.
  • Options
    david - i concur with you on the duplicate content issue.  this has been a long debated topic. however from personal experience and results of colleagues it is clearly a myth.  search engines most care about good quality content from what i have experienced so far.

Exactly!

David Jackson
  • Options
    DCCSCSDCCSCS subscriber Posts: 6
    David-
    Thank you, I will have look into the best way for me to publish articles, but very good information.
  • Options
    profits4idiotsprofits4idiots subscriber Posts: 0
    I usually submit different articles to these websites. Aside from promoting my content, I also see to it that my potential readers will get good information from my posts.
  • Options
    David-
    Thank you, I will have look into the best way for me to publish articles, but very good information.

Anytime, Brandon. My pleasure.

David Jackson