WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for a website for local delivery...

PhoenixStorksPhoenixStorks subscriber Posts: 1
I currently have a site that offers an included shopping cart, BUT the cart doesn`t allow me to specify delivery fees based on zip codes. I know I can have a cart "customized" to do this, zencart comes to mind... but does anyone know if there is website building software, that does offers this "out of the box"? I`ve searched all over & can`t find one.

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    There are a few built-it shopping carts that are tied to hosting like yahoo stores.

I do not know if their shipping module has the capabilities you seek.

Personally, I do not recommend using such built-it shopping carts because the monthly cost is significant. Also, since the program is proprietary and you are usually locked in to their hosting you can not move your site to another host without redoing your whole site.

I would instead recommend a shopping cart (like Zen Cart or others) that is portable and has the features you need now and in the future.

~Roland
    vwebworld3/3/2008 11:03 AM