WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Selling an e-commerce business

Texas101Texas101 subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Thought Leadership
I have a successful e-commerce (home based ) business that I would like to sell.  The business can be home based or would be successful as a traditional store. When I approach business brokers in our area, they are not interested since there is no real estate involved and is not a traditional brick and mortar store.  I tried Ebay for exposure but found that those individuals wanted me to give the business & inventory away.  I do not have to sell but would like to.  I would also like to profit from the last 5 years of building the business.  I offered training and to let the new owner in on everything that I have learned the hard way for the last 5 years, which should have some value.  We have a very good name in our industry and an extremely high ranking on the search engines.  What would be a professional way of marketing & selling to a serious individual looking to buy a business?  Are there any business brokers specializing in e-commerce businesses?