WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

elocallisting.com a good company?

JoestickyJoesticky subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2007 in Marketing
Has anyone ever done business with or knows someone whose done business with elocallisting.com? They guarantee getting me listed in the top three spots for my local search. Can a company even guarantee positioning in search engines?
Thanks
Justin

Comments

• LizardWisdomLizardWisdom subscriber Posts: 0

Can a company even guarantee positioning in search engines?

Hi Justin,
    We are not SEO experts by any stretch of the imagination, but we find it hard to believe that any company can give you any guarantees when it comes to search engine placement. Maybe they can guarantee you that you will show up somewhere in the search engine, but in the top three positions? That is a hard pill to swallow.
    How much is this going to cost you?
  • Rick6466Rick6466 subscriber Posts: 0
    I am in the same position. They said it would take 2 weeks for Yahoo and one month for msn and google.
    It has been 3 monthe and nothinhg... I am calling to check billing and if I have been billed I will take legal action.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

Has anyone ever done business with or knows someone whose done business with elocallisting.com? They guarantee getting me listed in the top three spots for my local search. Can a company even guarantee positioning in search engines?
    elocallisting.com appears to be a scam. You can read all about them via the following links:
    http://urlx.org/ripoffreport.com/25eda</A>
    http://urlx.org/google.com/e3e27</A>
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks
    JustinNo.  Stay away from companies such as this.  SEO is not an exact science and nothing can be guaranteed.  Everyone should stay away from ANY SEO companies that make guaranteed claims of results.  9 times out of ten these companies are using `black hat` (bad) techniques that will get your site dinged by the search engines.
  • deborahsuttondeborahsutton subscriber Posts: 0
    What exactly is your complaint? positioning? or did they fail to list you with Google, MSN, Yahoo?
    Is positioning mean that others get more hits than you because they are placed first?  I never hit or the first ones listed, I `d rather start at the end and look at those first...