WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The Most Interesting Home Businesses

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited June 2007 in Home-Based Businesses
Depending on who`s doing the counting, there are between 18 million and 38 million homebased business in the U.S. according to the Pittsburg Business Times:
/23/editorial1.html
What`s the most interesting and unusual home business that you`re aware of.? It can be your own business or someone else`s.
Dale KingDKing2007-6-29 12:33:51

Comments

• EmmaEmma subscriber Posts: 0
    Dale - I was very interested in your post and hope you don`t mind that I have referred to the Pittsburgh Business Journal article on our site for people starting and growing home based business in the UK, at http://www.enterprisenation.com/content ... opStories/ article_46_1040.aspxThe most unusual home business I`m aware of would most probably have to be Ferretworld - the business that makes costumes for pet ferrets!
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Hey, guys!
    Thanks for your contributions to this thread!
    I agree with CampSteve. Kind of tough to top Ferrettworld - but do try.
    Dale King
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    Dale,funny that you started this post - on July 16, we`re kicking off the first annual ranking of best performing home-based businesses. supplementing that ranking will be a bunch of spin-off Top Tens that fall into various categories - one of them, "Wackiest Home-Based Businesses." look for the link on our homepage starting next week that "teases" what`s going to be included in the ranking competition...thanks for the cool post.rich
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Rich, I guess great minds do indeed think alike.
    What you`re describing sounds really, really interesting and fun. You guys seem to have a very innovative vision for this site. I`m glad I discovered SuN.
    Thanks, Rich!
    Dale King
  • DivaCoachDivaCoach subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello my fellow homebased business owners
    I think I know of an unusual homebased business. I am not in but I learned of it at a convention in Las Vegas and few months ago. It`s a party planner company. Their rep.`s gather women together in someone`s home and do a party teaching women how to Pole Dance. Yes pole dancing just like women do in strip joints! The owner of this company said they have really been able to help women open up improve their relationships and decrease the divorce rate.
    Nnika
    The Diva of Prosperity Coach
    www.divadoesforex.com</A>
    www.thedivacoach.com</A> (site not up yet)