WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Which Is More Important...Page Rank Or Traffic?

Comments

• Options
    Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    and believe me m never able to understand what are the rules these PR guys follow to determine the ranking of s a site... some say it`s inbound and outbound links but no one knows the exact thing... ... 
    Fortunately for you, Google is phasing out linking schemes as an SEO tactic and is phasing out pagerank as well. ..... Its about time
  • Options
    blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    Huh, what do you know? Blondiblue came up with an article that says what I was saying in the first place. The irony is just terrible.
    And what do you know ...
    You`ve finally started saying ALL the things that TJ Graff has been saying for years now ...
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

Here is the answer to you question ... as t appears in WebProNews ... Aug 15, 2007 ...

That`s not an answer, that`s merely an opinion. And as you can see from this thread, everyone has their own opinion.
    Dale King
  • Options
    blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9

That`s not an answer, that`s merely an opinion. And as you can see from this thread, everyone has their own opinion.
    Dale King

I guess you for got to read the end of the rticle, prior to posting with your response ...
    "So, the answer to the question: SEO or Page Rank, is thatneither is the more important. They are both equally important,but it is possible to do one better than the other and then youwould be tempted to say that your way was best. But you would bewrong!"
    Somehow though, I think the author of the article has a little more credibility than most here .... as WebProNews is a highly respected trade pub within the web and e-commerce trade. (They don`t allow "light-weights" to write articles for them.)
    But then I`m confident you will have a different opinion ... as you do most of the time.
  • Options
    Somehow though, I think the author of the article has a little more credibility than most here .... as WebProNews is a highly respected trade pub within the web and e-commerce trade. (They don`t allow "light-weights" to write articles for them.)
    But then I`m confident you will have a different opinion ... as you do most of the time.

Nice try...but I`m not taking the bait!
    Dale KingDKing2007-8-21 17:7:3
  • Options
    JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    DKing,This is the second or third post that I have seen you boast that you are on the first page of Goole for internet marketing help.  I can seem to find you on the first page.  Are you listed on another site or something?
  • Options
    I want to add my two cents to all the talk about designing web sites.  THis is not my opinion but the proof is in the pudding.  Take a look at most of the key words you type in the search egnines.  I don`t care what keywords.  If course there will be exceptions, but as you will see, blogs are taking over!  It`s a fact of life and the only thing you can do about it is bite the bullet and start blogging!If you are about to invest in a new web site or overhaul a web site take your money and invest it in a blog.  You can design your blog in combination with your website pages.  All in one site.  It can look professional and even be as crisp and clean as a web site but it`s a blog where you can create content or even get guest posters, hire content writers, use RSS Feeds, etc.  The biggest thing that most people will say is that a blog is too time connsuming.  Well think about his how long will it take you to write a 200-400 word article a couple of times a week, when you;re writing about something you are passionate about?That;s my two cents.  The proof is in the search engines!!!!
  • Options
    DKing,This is the second or third post that I have seen you boast that you are on the first page of Goole for internet marketing help.  I can seem to find you on the first page.  Are you listed on another site or something?
    Joe, refresh your browser and check again. I just checked and I`m still on Google`s first page at #6, for the keyword phrase internet marketing help.
    help&btnG=Search
    I`m also at #8 on Yahoo for the same keyword phrase.
    ; ;fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
    Dale KingDKing2007-9-4 9:32:26
  • Options
    Dking,yup you`re ther now.  I thought that maybe you were listed under a different site or something. 
  • Options
    williamwilliam subscriber Posts: 2
    PageRank is a measurement of scale, but not too handy.  Measurement is based on good keyword choices and the age of your site.  The longer the site has been running and content tweaked to your keyword choice the better rankings.
  • Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    In my opinion, they`re both important, but in different ways. Let me explain:If you`re selling a product or service, it is much more important to attract laser-targeted traffic to your website, so in that regard, page rank is not as important.On the other hand, buyers of previously-owned domain names and websites often look at page rank to determine a website`s value, so in that regard PR is very important.

Anyway, that`s my opinion. What do you think?Dale KingPage Rank (as in the Toy in the Google toolbar) is meant for entertainment purposes only.  What is important to Google/MSN/Yahoo is relevant content, and good incoming traffic and a site that conforms to ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) standards.
  • Options
    williamwilliam subscriber Posts: 2
    Neither.  Content, content, content.  Page Rank is only to show the measurement of relevancy.  Linking is only a partial measurement.  Content, page title, relevancy, and meta tags (YES meta tags) will provide better results than the other stuff.
    Also, depending on the competitive sector the website is in will determine placement.  If you SEO`d an auto dealership, good luck getting on the first page.  If you SEO`d for a funeral home your chances are much better.
  • Options
    razvanjrrazvanjr subscriber Posts: 0
    I`ll try to answer as short as I can :
    Can PR get you money ? NO
    Can Traffic get you money ? YES
    Simple as that.
  • Options
    creepyherbertcreepyherbert subscriber Posts: 0
    Both are important, however, traffic is always king. Page Rank is like a "good job" post-it note from your boss. While the traffic is more like your paycheck
    Good luck!
  • Options
    lockscharnclockscharnc subscriber Posts: 0
    PR is over valued. It is best not to focus on PR, what PR you have now, or will have in the future. PR is not a realtime measure of a website`s popularity or importance.