WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to Use A Current News Headlines to Increase Sales

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited May 2008 in Marketing
The soaring price of gas is dominating the news headlines these days. But the price of gas is also affecting the price of other products, such as the food we eat. But there`s a way to use current news headlines to increase sales.
For example, I monetize my website with affiliate programs. I recently changed the headline of one of my sales letters from, "How To Make Money With ebay" to "Defeat Soaring Gas and Food Prices! Increase Your Income With Ebay!"
The impact of that change was immediate and significant. But I didn`t just stop there. I began using the same headline in all of my sig files on the various forums that I belong to. Clickthroughs on my sig file also increased dramatically.
Coincidence? Hardly. Soaring gas prices are a high priority for millions of Americans. And if you deliver a message that promises to relieve their pain, they will be receptive to your message.
Dale King

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, Cartess.

Dale King
  • Options
    ChicLadyChicLady subscriber Posts: 4
    Great idea! I did that when Victoria Secrets released the press release stating that they had become too sexy ... They wanted to tone down the overtly sexual ads and clothing, so why not use a Chic Peeks Adhesive Cleavage Cover?

:)
  • Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Coincidence? Hardly. Soaring gas prices are a high priority for millions of Americans. And if you deliver a message that promises to relieve their pain, they will be receptive to your message.
    It`s not the point of soaring gas prices that drew the people in.  It`s the second part of your sentence above and how the ebay link was phrased is why the customers are coming in.  This is great bait text for drawing people in.  sddreamweavers5/27/2008 1:06 AM
  • Options

Great idea! I did that when Victoria Secrets released the press release stating that they had become too sexy ... They wanted to tone down the overtly sexual ads and clothing, so why not use a Chic Peeks Adhesive Cleavage Cover?    Thanks, Robin! I`ve been using this technique for years, and it continues to work wonders for getting people`s attention and increasing sales. Dale KingDaleKing5/27/2008 8:23 AM