WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Advertise on Fark.com???

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited November 2007 in Marketing
If you own a technological or science oriented website and are a fan of bizarre and amusing news stories, you might want to consider placing an ad on Fark.com
Fark is a an edited social networking news site. Every day Fark receives 2,000+ news submissions from its readership. It also receives more than 2.2 million unique visitors each month.
Fark is extremely popular with people aged 25-34, and its audience skews heavily male. It is most popular with those that have a college education and indexes high for those who do not have children in the home.
Fark fans also frequent the websites of Popular Science and New Scientist magazines. Advertising on Fark.com is affordable, starting at only $40. Just for the record, I am not affiliated with Fark in any way. I`m simply passing on an interesting marketing resource.

Have any of you ever tried advertising on Fark? Were you happy with the results? 
Dale King

DKing11/16/2007 9:45 AM

Comments

• MistressofMarketingMistressofMarketing subscriber Posts: 2
    Dale - Great idea! Fark gets a massive amount of hits per day. I haven`t tried Fark but I have placed a banner on a similar site, Something Awful. A banner in the forums is $29.95, I think. Between that and placing my website in my profile, I`ve received a ton of traffic, however I can`t say that`s resulted in any jobs for me.
    Right now the most success I`ve had for actual jobs is through Craigslist and regional bulletin boards.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Dale - Great idea! Fark gets a massive amount of hits per day. I haven`t tried Fark but I have placed a banner on a similar site,

Thanks, Robin! If Fark visitors were my target audience, I`d definitely give it a try.

Dale King