WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Best Marketing Method...

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited November 2007 in Marketing
My clients often ask me, "What is the best marketing method for my business? My answer is always the same. "There is no best marketing method." All legitimate marketing methods work. It`s just a matter of finding which method works best for you. For instance, I happen to prefer article marketing. Does that mean article marketing is the best marketing method? No. It simply means that`s the method of marketing that I prefer. That method works well for me.
The key to effective marketing is to test different marketing methods, until you find something that works well for you. Marketing is not "one size fits all." Never has been, never will be. Not all methods work for everyone. Different methods work for different businesses. Test pay-per-click, article marketing, ezine advertising, etc. As well as offline advertising like direct mail, magazine advertising, yellow pages, newspaper advertising, community shoppers, etc. Approach each method with an open mind, be patient and track your results carefully, so that you`ll know what`s working and what isn`t.
But whatever you do, don`t ever continue beating a dead horse. If something isn`t working after a reasonable amount of time...drop it. Conversely, when you find something that works, continue using it until you reach a point of diminishing returns.
Dale King
DKing11/10/2007 5:24 PM