WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited August 2007 in Marketing
Many of my clients have difficulties marketing their businesses, which is why they hire me to help them.
What about you? What`s your toughest marketing challenge? And more importantly, what are you doing to overcome it?
Dale KingDKing2007-8-4 13:26:35

Comments

• Options
    Okay, so what are you doing to overcome these challenges?
    Dale KingDKing2007-8-4 13:57:4
  • Options
    olliepureolliepure subscriber Posts: 3
    My biggest obstacle has been exposure.  With my upcoming shoot with a reputable production company, I should be able to create more customers.  But in the in- between time what?
  • Options
    JoetheRoadWarriorJoetheRoadWarrior subscriber Posts: 2
    My largest obstacle since returning to the "area of my birth to make a difference" is the total lack of acceptance and/or reluctance to accept understanding that we all live in the global marketplace. With the large loss of the automobile industry here in SE Michigan, many Entrepreneurs (many are simply casualties of the automobile industry) are still trying to do what was successful 20-30 years ago.
    To overcome this obstacle, I am simply "bringing" the global marketplace here! Examples include:
    1- Rekindling my successes in Nigeria in the 1980s by aligning my company with a local Nigerian organization (signed Consultant contract with the Executive Board) beginning with a presentation at a Reception for his Excellency Governor Gbenga Daniel, Governor of Ogun State, Nigeria in May 2007 and assisting in the development of the 1st day of a 4-day Nigerian Convention (to be held end of August 2007) including identifying several local Presenters in specific market sectors required in the future development of Nigeria. Their audience will be very high level individuals from Nigeria.
    2- Developing a 2-4 week personal trip to Ghana (September 2007) with local companies/educational organizations participating with me via real-time communication channels (my background is commercial/military telecommunications design, installation and acceptance - frequency range DC to light!).
    3 - Working with a local Mayor/Chamber of Commerce to schedule an official meeting with the Washington DC Embassy Ambassador from an African country to develop "synergistic markets".
    Based on a successful career in 54 countries, I can literally "bring the global marketplace to most anywhere I would like. I am having a BLAST in life after working very hard during my career. Isn`t life grand!!!!
    Best wishes to all. Joe the Road Warrior
  • Options
    olliepureolliepure subscriber Posts: 3
    I think your vision and your wherewithal to do it is stellar.  I will continue to organize my thoughts as we(NHF) venture out into new markets.  Thanks!  I am so glad this site exist.  The answers and push from you mentors is another reason why NHF is moving forward.
  • Options
    NoBucksNoBucks subscriber Posts: 1
    My biggest obstacle has been me, myself, and I.  I have several half started marketing efforts, then something else comes up, e.g., my day job, orders that need to be filled and shipped, etc.
    What am I doing to overcome it?  Forcing myself to sit down and finish the magazine article that one editor requested, forcing myself to get our email newsletter off the ground, etc.  I`ll let you know if my effort at self-correction is successful.

• Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    My weakness in this area had to do with focus. Since I currently wear all the hats in my business, I sometimes lose the ability to view my product objectively, therefore making it difficult for me to market it appropriately.
    I recently overcame this problem by posting here on SUN, asking for feedback about my product and brand. It helped so much! I used the suggestions to improve my product, and make a better connection with my brand.
    Feedback from others definately helps me `see` my product through the eyes of a potential customer, and helps me to define my product and brand, making marketing efforts much easier. As a solo-entrepreneur, I think it`s sometimes really hard when you don`t have a group to bounce things off of. Receiving feedback here on SUN is so important to me.

• Options
    These are exactly the kinds of responses that I was looking for guys.
    Keep `em coming!
    Dale King
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    a common difficulty is how to start a topic that does not include a commercial in it.
  • Options
    prowebaddictprowebaddict subscriber Posts: 0
    LOL...cute.I`ve just realized that I`d rather be doing other things besides marketing. So that`s my current challenge.
  • Options
    klafranceklafrance subscriber Posts: 1
    I`m wondering why those who don`t have enough time, can`t seem to finish anything and are getting stuck in ruts don`t use Virtual Assistants?Thanks.
  • Options
    dragonphly1976dragonphly1976 subscriber Posts: 0
    i think one of the most difficult challenges with marketing is  not only finding a cheap ?free way to get demographics, etc info but also trying to focus on  one thing at a time, if that`s even possible when you start, marketing i am in the process of starting my business with my partner and it`s even hard working with a partner (duh,... i know ) everything is hard right now... i don`t mind working hard if i have a plan of action, but my plan is rather  scattered. LOL... what ever am i to do?