WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Do You Click On Sig Files?

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited July 2007 in Marketing
Do you click on sig files?
I do, if they`re interesting and if the poster appears to have superior knowledge of a topic.
What about you? Do you click on sig files?
What criteria do you use? Dale KingDKing2007-7-2 18:6:14

Comments

• EagleImageryEagleImagery subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Dale
    I do if the user/member is new to me.  Just to see what they`re all about.
    Mark EagleImagery2007-7-2 17:53:14
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Hello Mark:
    I just clicked on your sig file, because your logo caught my attention.
    Nice site.
    Dale King
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I often click on sig files to see what expertise a forum poster has in backing up the statements/articles posted.  Many times it`s just out of curiosity.Based on tracking data, SuN members are certainly clicking on mine on a regular basis.- J.
  • ethnicommethnicomm subscriber Posts: 1
    I click on the logo if I like what I read in the post.  Like LogoMotives, I  see SuN members clicking on mine as well
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Yes. I get traffic through startupnation. Much of it is just quick 1 minute views. So I figure it`s just people interested in knowing a little more about you, before taking advise from or just wonder what service or products they provide. After all, this [SuN] (and likely others, but I think this place is best. ) is where the new "best idea" will come from. If I were looking for interesting "new" ideas or products, I might look around at my favorite forums and start clicking.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Linda, I know your question was directed at ethnicomm, but any of us here can answer that question for you.
    ethnicomm was referring to tracking SuN members who visit his website after clicking on his sig file.
    To find out who`s visiting your website and where they`re originating from, simply log into your CPanel,  click on Web/FTP Stats and then click on AWstats.
    Depending on who your hosting company is, you may or may not have this capability.
    If your hosting company does not use the CPanel platform, you`ll need to check with them to find out what platform they do use.
    Dale KingDKing2007-7-3 22:52:48