WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Dale King’s Marketing Tip of the Day...

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited June 2007 in Marketing
One of the biggest mistakes I see both veteran and newbie marketers alike make is switching up and changing marketing campaigns that still work.The question is why? If a marketing campaign is working and making money why not just leave it alone?Okay, excuse me while I yell at you for a moment...IF IT AIN`T BROKE...LEAVE IT ALONE! DON"T EVER CHANGE SOMETHING THATS WORKING, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE!
Sorry for yelling. I just wanted to make sure I got my point across.
Memorize the following words until they are indelibly imprinted into your brain:"A change is only a good change, if it actually improves the situation. Otherwise, it`s just change for the sake of change, and that can be fatal to your business."Dale King DKing2007-6-2 18:33:34

Comments

• Options
    Tweaking is perfectly okay, as long as you tweak on a small scale.
    Obviously, it`s necessary to tweak your ad or salesletter from time to time to make sure it`s performing at it`s optimum level - sort of like tuning up  your car, so to speak.But again, I want to emphasize that you want to tweak on a small scale only.For example, instead of gutting your entire ad, change your headline and run a split-test against your current headline.If the results of the split-test show that the new headline out-performed the old headline, you know it`s time to change.
    Tweaking  one element at a time allows you to isolate what works and what doesn`t.Dale KingDKing2007-6-2 18:20:18
  • Options
    That`s good advice, Shawn.
    Thanks for your contribution to this thread.
    Dale King
  • Options
    That`s an interesting perspective, Craig.
    Thanks.
    Dale King