WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

PLEASE HELP NEED ADVISE

Parris79Parris79 subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2008 in New Member Welcome
Hello Guru`s of Start Up Nation,
I`m an artist looking to establish long term relationships with wedding photography studios.  The plan is to offer my oil painting services to a few photography studios.   They will then offer " oil paintings " as one of their services.  My plan is to set a base price which I keep,  and the photography studio can offer the service  for a higher price, and keep the difference.  I guess the price would depend on their cliental.My question is, is this a feasible idea?  Is what Im trying to do called subcontracting?  If not, what is the correct terminology?  What is the best way to go about offering your services to a company?Kidflash

Comments

• Parris79Parris79 subscriber Posts: 2

Thank you for replying.

Yes the plan is to partner with the photography studio.  I don`t plan on dealing with the client.  The client won`t know I exist.  As far as they know, the studio just hired an oil painter.  So is the correct terminology for what I`m trying to do called partnering?
    Craig L and Themerrybird
    Thank you for this great advice,  there is a lot to think about.  I guess I`ll never know until I try.  I`ll try both approaches, threw photography studios and by going directly to the people.  Who knows I may luck out and find some pretty cool studios to work with.
     Hey Craig Landes,  damn your good.
    I see your point and will definitely  re-think my approach to this idea of mine.  Thank you for your words of wisdom.