WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

mark of another

patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
edited April 2008 in Protecting Your Ideas
Have you ever been tempted to use somebody else`s mark to sell your very different goods?  Would it be tempting to use the mark "road runner" for batteries?  There is company involved in litigation [Opposition No. 91155422] with Time Warner [they guys with the cartoon] because they tried.

Comments

• KevDevKevDev subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I often run into very small business owners who are scared silly that someone will steal their ideas or marks. In my classes and books I warn them that they are much more likely to end up "borrowing" someone else`s intellectual property than to have someone steal theirs.
    Having said that, I find that trademark disputes to be the most entertaining of legal battles to observe!
  • Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    The odds of infringing is indeed higher than that of having IP "stolen", by the fact there`re over 7 millions patents out there vs, one of yours.
    I wish some big company would "steal" my IP.  I`ve got attorneys working on contingency.