WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Home Based Business

Golddust52Golddust52 subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Marketing

Hi,

I am new at this and new at getting suggestions also. But, I would like to know what you think about what I do. I started a business that helps ANY non-profit raise funds by helping them setup and run a festival. Here is the site to one of the festivals www.HotHeadsChili.org The parent company is Pegasus Festivals, USA. We are having a hard time getting the word out that we are available to help. We promote Arts & Craft Shows, Food Competitions (BBQ Festivals, Chili Cookoffs, Gumbo Cookoffs and others) Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Festivals. We don`t charge set fees. We charge mileage, hotels, meals, etc. we don`t try to make a lot of money with what we do. Our average fees will total between 1 & 2% of the non-profits gross.
 What are some ways to promote this and let non-profits know we are here to help them?
Horace

Comments

• daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    Nikole`s got the ticket.  Also direct mail, either a postcard or a flyer with pictures from the event.  I am President of a non profit and that is usually how we are approached.  We get emails as well but delete most of them.

Non profits are interested in most $ for as little hassle as possible.  If your event is turnkey, you are in like flynn.
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Nikole`s got the ticket.  Also direct mail, either a postcard or a flyer with pictures from the event.  I am President of a non profit and that is usually how we are approached.  We get emails as well but delete most of them.

Non profits are interested in most $ for as little hassle as possible.  If your event is turnkey, you are in like flynn.
    Taggin on this comment.  Public Relations.  One of the latest StartupNation podcasts focuses on this.   What you need to do is start pounding the pavement (as it were) and start talking to local TV/Print/Radio news.Here`s the Startupnation Podcast URL  Just plug this URL into iTunes or your favorite podcast player.  The name of the episode is "Marketing your business through Public Relations".It`s got some great information on how to get the word out.
  • miabellacandlesmiabellacandles subscriber Posts: 3
    Dale,

As someone who provides an easy fund-raising program, my interest was piqued by your comment about deleting emails. Care to share why you favor networking and direct mail?