WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Website Would love your imput

my2littlemunchkinsmy2littlemunchkins subscriber Posts: 3
edited June 2007 in Website Critique
This site has been so helpful to me, I have been reading and learning so much from all of you!  I am a stay at home mom to two little girls under the age of 3 and in all of my spare time have decided to take the plunge and start a web business.  I have been making and selling unique baby items, that I have made for my own children....to friends and family.  Due to the great response I have decided to try and take it to the next level.  I would love any feedback on my site that you may have or any tips at all!  Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to look.http://my2littlemunchkins.com/

Comments

• Options
    AustinAustin subscriber Posts: 4
    Cute website! Very simple to understand, easy to navigate! Looks like all you have to work on is getting a whoooole bunch of traffic. From a lot of things I`ve read and from all the people that I`ve talked to, forums are a great place to start. It might take a bit of time, but think about it. Whenever you had a problem with your child, what did you do? You probably didn`t go to the bookstore and find a book about it... I know I`m no expert on the subject, but I`m sure a LOT of women talk about motherhood in forums online. So get a user name, log in, make some posts, suggest the website, and repeat those steps on other forums.
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I think it is super cute. I love girly stuff, very girlie!  You make all of these yourself? Bravo!! Great Job!
  • Options
    Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    I would recommend removing the `add to cart` buttons from your category pages, as I doubt with such a unique product, they will arbitrarily be making purchases at this point in the navigation. Thus, I would change `add to cart` to a `view details` hyperlink. While on the topic of buttons, I would find something that stands out more on your product pages. Ideally, your `add to cart` button should be clearly seen on your computer monitor if you were standing on the other side of the room - yours is currently a little to subservient to the color scheme. Make sure to change the rest of your buttons to match your new buttons scheme.I must say, I do like your copy allot. In fact, I think your written descriptions are one of the high points of your site. But while your writing is great, your pictures are very bland and impersonal. Perhaps if you could obtain pictures of actual humans using your products - opposed to just the stand alone product - your product pages would elicit more of an emotional response.  Remember, people rationalize purchases based on facts, but it is really feelings that sway them to make a purchase or not.Alas, upon adding an item to the cart; I would make the call to action to the checkout page more prominent. One way of doing this would be by taking people to the `view cart contents` page, and having the `checkout` button (a more contrasting one) appear above the fold. Also, I would recommend providing the option to checkout without creating an account (have a button on that page with text reading `fast checkout`).Overall, its a very good site. If you can market your products effectively, I`m sure you will be very successful.Good luck with the store!Best regards,Victor
  • Options
    my2littlemunchkinsmy2littlemunchkins subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to look and write such great advice!  I really appreciate it so much