WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

starting online business need help

Aj01Aj01 subscriber Posts: 2
My name is Adam, I am looking to start an online business that out sources items, such as clothing, jewlery, certain things like that, but I have no idea how to get started. Im looking for a good mentor to help me with questions that I have.Abadmilk@gmail.com

Comments

• HomeInfoManHomeInfoMan subscriber Posts: 0
    I have some ideas, but I`d like to talk to you more about your needs. You can call me at 206-331-7588
    Thanks
    David Muller
  • JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Me Too!

I would like to build a web-site, but have no idea where to get started.
    I have the domain and it is hosted. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can start building the site?

I would really like to do it myself since I want to manage it and up-date it as needed.

Thanks!

Jack
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi Guys
    The best way to build your own web page is to learn some basic html.
    It takes a week to 10 days to learn. Even if you use other software to create a web page a basic knowledge of html is invaluable.
    Go see Joe Burns at HTML Goodies. This is where I learned html.
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html ... hp/3478131</A>
    More helpfull links http://www.helptosucceed.love-au.com/</A>

• GoldMountainMiningGoldMountainMining subscriber Posts: 4

The best way to build your own web page is to learn some basic html.

Agreed.  I learned from a simple, wonderful, book called "How to
    Use HTML" by Scott Arpajian.  If you will be selling stuff, you
    will need to have a platform with a secure server.  We use Yahoo
    Store but there are many others.

You can start small and simple but be prepared:  learning and
    applying this stuff is never-ending.  You will never feel like you
    are done and, by all rights, a website never should be thought of as
    "done".           
  • wifistudioswifistudios subscriber Posts: 1
    Well, first you have to pick your industry and then go to http://www.SiteWebBuilder.com and go build a free eCommerce website. Once you do that, get feedback from your friends and family, and ask them what they think about your new potential venture. Thanks.
  • Aj01Aj01 subscriber Posts: 2
    Ok, Iv looked into drop shiping.. Now one more question what is the cons to using DobaI wanting to get very serious about this.
    There is nothing wrong with Doba, but just remember that the middle man always makes the most money. Whatever drop shipping company you decide to merge with, the prices will never be as good as dealing with the wholesale company directly. There will be competition with other stores due to the lower prices they buy their products for. Yes, you are paying for the service to never deal with the customer or the product, and they ship it for you!You have to make a decision to either deal with wholesalers, drop shipping, or service side of business. Service side is my personal favorite because there is no returns and a home-based business can almost be completely profitable.Thanks,~jefe
  • Aj01Aj01 subscriber Posts: 2
    Service side? Could you tell me a little more about it? I`m trying to do some research on it but not coming up with much.Thanks
    Service side is any business that you either offer a service or your the middle man directing the sales for service. Such great examples are PayPal, eBay, MySpace, Google etc... I know I listed big companies, so you might be asking how can I offer services and still keep in the green, but offer services that I can manage by myself? There a lot of services that you can offer that are either cutting edge technology or very profitable services to offer. Industries can very from offering VOIP, finacial services, referrals for credit cards, web development, or any other reselling of services that will gain you a residual income.Some of the sites that we have in place to give you an example:sitewebbuilder.comwifistudios.comcompanydisc.commixedthreads.comsavegasforcash.comcomcasthosting.commyvoiceeclipse.com...and the list goes on...Where can you find resources likes these to resale or to offer:cafepress.comdoba.comcommissionsoup.comcj.comebay.compayloads.comclickbank.comYou need to find what works for you, but please contact me if you have any questions or if you need an opinion on a certain industry you might be looking at.Thanks and good luck!