WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Excellent Time For New Business!

harley101harley101 subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2009 in Startup Funding
Right now in the Trucking industry, equipment can be purchased way below resale. An example is 2005 Freightliner condo sleeper in exc. condition for $25,000 (blue book at $35,000-$40,000), 2004 Wabash 53` ft. trailer for less than $10,000 in Truckpaper magazine. The deals are many. An Owner Operater can start with exc. equipment for around $50,000. I have 21yrs. exp. as a professional driver, with a credit score of 670 and rising. Conventional banks have refused business loan, even I have a complete business plan. It is a real shame that when an exc. opportunity arise`s, that because of unless you possess an exc. credit score, you cannot move forward. When the economy is down freight continue`s to move, (load boards are the proof). My question is other than leasing, are there any options I have overlooked to obtain funding?   
harley1014/3/2009 10:10 AM