WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Websites: A Manual for the Basically Clueless

13»

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Danae,
    There are, in some forums, people who are blunt and insulting or just a jerk.That may not be their intention, but it is the result.
    I appaud your return post.
    I do think there is a market for what you`re trying to do... if you have any questions, do not hesitiate to contact me.
    Sinecerly, Roland

• Options
    DanaeDanae subscriber Posts: 5
    To clarify my absense from SuN, I stayed away because I was preparing for and meeting with four potential clients, and I needed to keep focused on that and not on being mad at the woman who decided to make false accusations about me and my website design.  I was shocked that someone who doesn`t know me and isn`t even a competitor would come along and say such things.  She did not provide anything valuable in her post, except to alert me that I should remove a couple of comment tags that the HTML color-coder puts in automatically.  (She somehow thought that this was evidence that I had stolen my design from someone else, though, so it was insulting more than helpful.)  Jeff, perhaps you have never had trouble with other people`s negative words affecting you emotionally, or perhaps you`ve learned to ignore the unhelpful and see only the helpful, in which case you are admirable.  I have not toughened my skin that much yet.
    Craig, I think if the only negative review you got on your book was because the reader was expecting something else, you should be pretty happy.  It`s when your target audience thinks you stink that you should really be concerned.
    Jeff--the idea I am asking for feedback on IS a book idea, and at some point in this thread there was discussion that the best vehicle might be a print version.  Also, as I mentioned in my last post, more market research would be useful.  I was hoping to do some of that here, but I realize that I won`t find many of the people who need that book here.  I threw out an idea, some people embraced it, others kicked it around, and now I should take it elsewhere to see what happens.  Wow, $10,000 of advice.  I feel so important.
    Onthebeach--you make a good point that it`s difficult to know what level of skill to assume.  In my head I have been assuming that the reader uses a computer regularly for basic tasks, uses email, and occasionally uses the Internet.  So, no "how to work a mouse" chapters. 
  • Options
    CeceMHillCeceMHill subscriber Posts: 3
    I think you have a good idea for your book. I would focus on more than just he basics though, because a lot of the basics can be found easily online if one just looks in the right places. A book that focuses more on the marketing aspects of websites would be pretty helpful I think. So many people have nice sites but they just aren't being found in Google searches. Tying in a little bit about how social media can help them to promote their sites would be a good idea too. Good luck with it!
    --
    body wrap experts
  • Options
    katgieorgekatgieorge subscriber Posts: 0
    photo should be clicked by a high quality camera with high
    pixel and the canon would be best for this.