WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is this possible?

googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
edited September 2008 in Startup Funding
I run a very fast growing Internet marketing firm. Up until now it has been all self financed and I have been able to continue to grow. As I am sure is the case with most of us, we run into situations where growth is hindered by the lack of funding.

I have no business plan, no formal anything and I really honestly would love to keep it that way. Don`t get me wrong, I have a very well formulated plan, it just is written in a word document, cocktail napkins and on hundreds of pages in an old notebook.

My business is in very high demand, I offer a very unique service and have a loyal client base. Unfortunately, at this point I am turning away business.

Are there still people who like investing in people? Good smart, hardworking people who run a successful business? I would love someone to believe in me and my team and write a check for 10 to 50K to help finance my continued growth.

If its not possible, its not possible and I am ok with that. I was just really wondering if this still happens, and if it has happened to anyone on SUN.

Thanks for reading and.....GO GET IT!!!!

www.searchmarketingsystems.net

googleguy9/3/2008 1:58 AM

Comments

• googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks for the feedback guerillaRed and Craig!

I posted this yesterday after learning that one of my colleagues in the UK, who is in the same type of business, had one of his clients write him a check for 20,000 pounds after he mentioned that he needed bigger space. I thought, what a cool thing to have happen, I could invest in some technology and assets for my company. I wondered if it has happened to anyone else and if it was possible.

I would never sell a piece of my company for 50 or even 100K, I would rather continue to grow slowly and have control over my business. My friend actually signed an unsecured loan document that calls for him to pay back the money over 72 months at 9.5% interest. I guess it`s a perfect timing scenario, he could use the money to grow and his client wanted to invest in his success with a decent ROI.

I now employ 3 full time people and 2 part-timers. Having some capital to make their job easier and more fun would increase productivity and allow me to take on more projects. I know it`s the dream of most of us on this site and why we are in business.....to grow and help others!

Any other feedback would be great!

www.searchmarketingsystems.net