WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

~ please critique my site ~

GrantGrant subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2007 in Website Critique
If you have any critiques on the site please feel free to post. Thanks!
Grant 

Site: www.autooptic.com</A>

Comments

• ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    I`d get away from having the scrolling frames for text (main text block and navigation on the right).
  • GrantGrant subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Grant I took a look (Firefox 1.x, Windows PC). Since I`m not in the after market and have no clue what HID means, I had no real interest in the site. On a generic level, though, I suspect that the small white font on the black background is going to be hard on anyone`s eyes. If you subscribe to the view that a Web page should be mostly scannable, in that most people only scan through a page in 4 seconds, this page isn`t scannable. So I would assume you don`t subscribe to that view. There are quite a number of learned articles demonstrating this principle, but perhaps in the HID field it`s not true.Overall the page looks quite nice. I like the black background and gold lettering. It looks cool, high-tech, and professional. What I`d probably do is set the text areas to a much lighter background and use black typeface. You could use table cell background images to have a sort of textured "paper" look for the cells, then put your content over that.Beyond that, I can`t say much as I don`t understand the product.
    Hello Craig,
    Thanks for the input, but i don`t under stand what you mean by if the page is scannable? can you explain it little more?
    Thanks!
    Grant
  • GrantGrant subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Steve,
    Thanks for the suggestion, haha most likely the grid pattern will be gone on the next udpate.
    for chuck - why is the scrolling frame not good for the site?
    n thanks Nikole for following up

Grant  
  • EmilyPEmilyP subscriber Posts: 0
    Grant, there are many things I like about your site, and just a couple aesthetic things I might consider changing in the update. What I like: *the color scheme makes the site look high tech (like CraigL mentioned)*the layout - I think it is simple, and easy to navigate around*the content overall sounds professional and I get the impression that you really know what you`re talking about*the HID 101 page - I found it helpful since before looking at your site, I had no idea what HID was/meantWhat I might consider changing:*the scroll box on the home page at the top - this format is not very readable or scannable*the grid background - I find it somewhat distracting*if possible, I might make the font a uniform size... the top boxes on each part of your site have a smaller font, which makes it harder to readHope this helps, and overall, very nice!