WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Question on taking a product to retail stores

randolphrandolph subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in New Member Welcome
 I have a product that I manufacture in house. Proudly made in the USA! I purchased all the equipment and all the tooling is made. I currently sell only through my website.  My website is doing well and I don`t advertise. All my costumers are through word of mouth. Now I want to take my product to the next level... retail stores. I am in the middle of working on packaging. I outsourced all the packaging. I am going with a clamshell with an insert. I already have the tooling made for the clamshell and the insert is done with my bar codes. I am waiting on my first production run to finish. My company is EDI compatible
I have never worked with retail stores and not sure what to expect from them. How difficult is it to get your product on their shelves? Any advice on this matter?

This is a great website!! I only wish I knew about it a few years ago!

Gary Randolph

randolph2/24/2008 9:40 AM