WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

My Daily Quotes Biz

GIJoeGIJoe subscriber Posts: 3
edited May 2008 in Selecting a Business
I started http://www.theDailyTxt.comabout a week ago but it has only been up and running for about 2 days. The basic idea is that you sign up for the service at $0.99/month and receive a daily quote to your cell phone monday through friday.
I know it`s not the most original idea in the world, but I am doing it for two reasons. To test out another idea while learning how to run a text messaging service that I think is unique.
To market this, I set up a MySpace account where I blog as well as a Blogger account, where the daily quote is listed as well as a discussion on it. I started to use Google AdWords, but only bought a small amount to experiment with it.
So any thoughts, questions or advice? I`m working on SEO right now, just reading articles and doing what I can. I do capture the top spot on Google for the keywords "daily quote text message" & "daily quote text", 2nd spot for "daily quote message" but nothing else of meaning.
I hope to use this to launch a few txt service.GIJoe5/7/2008 1:29 PM