WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Anyone here start a recruiting firm?

StamiStami subscriber Posts: 6
edited May 2007 in Selecting a Business
I am seriously considering starting a recruiting firm.  I was wondering if any of you can help.  I hope to hear from Joel as well.  I am considering starting it part time and keeping my current job as an engineering manager.  Is it wrong for me to start a engineering recruiting firm and still be employed?  I am also considering trying to make a deal with my current employer to work part time and focus on the business in the afternoons.  What do you all think????
Thanks,
Rusty

Comments

• Options
    rtbartlettrtbartlett subscriber Posts: 0
    Good Day Tim,
    I saw your post on startupnation.com and have a few questions.  I have past experience recruiting and training in-house employees for various companies.  I`m currently in real-estate, but would like to return to the field and start my own agency.
    Any advice?  Are there any financing options available that you`re aware of?  How about starting from home at first? Contract rates?
    Let me know and I would greatly appreciate any other suggestions!
    Rick Bartlett
    Rick Bartlett - Skogman Realty(Hiawatha)1110 Dina Court, Cedar Rapids, Ia 52233Mobile: (319)210-5721 / Office: (319)364-3104e: www.skogman.com</A>"Licensed Realtor in the State of Iowa"
  • Options
    infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I think it's ok to start a part time online business but not a physical one as you might be liable for lawsuits depending on the terms on your employment contract.