Anyone here start a recruiting firm?

StamiStami Posts: 6subscriber
edited May 2007 in Selecting a Business
I am seriously considering starting a recruiting firm.  I was wondering if any of you can help.  I hope to hear from Joel as well.  I am considering starting it part time and keeping my current job as an engineering manager.  Is it wrong for me to start a engineering recruiting firm and still be employed?  I am also considering trying to make a deal with my current employer to work part time and focus on the business in the afternoons.  What do you all think????
Thanks,
Rusty

Comments

• rtbartlettrtbartlett Posts: 0subscriber
    Good Day Tim,
    I saw your post on startupnation.com and have a few questions.  I have past experience recruiting and training in-house employees for various companies.  I`m currently in real-estate, but would like to return to the field and start my own agency.
    Any advice?  Are there any financing options available that you`re aware of?  How about starting from home at first? Contract rates?
    Let me know and I would greatly appreciate any other suggestions!
    Rick Bartlett
    Rick Bartlett - Skogman Realty(Hiawatha)1110 Dina Court, Cedar Rapids, Ia 52233Mobile: (319)210-5721 / Office: (319)364-3104e: www.skogman.com</A>"Licensed Realtor in the State of Iowa"
  • infinique1infinique1 Posts: 0subscriber Member
    I think it's ok to start a part time online business but not a physical one as you might be liable for lawsuits depending on the terms on your employment contract.