WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Thinking of Starting a Recruiting Business...

StamiStami subscriber Posts: 6
edited April 2007 in Selecting a Business
My background is in engineering and surveying in the Southeast.  I have always had a problem finding good qualified help and no recruiting company ever could understand what service we provided and what type of person we were looking for.  Also, it is important to be familar with the industry and the network.  I have quite a few contacts around Florida and think that I could be the link between surveying and engineering jobs for the employee and employer.  What do you all think?  Also where do I begin?  Should I test the waters and call a few contacts and see if they would use me???? 
Thanks....

Comments

• stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    Talk to Joel. When it comes to recruiting he`s da man.
  • StamiStami subscriber Posts: 6
    Hi Joel,
    Thanks for your response.  I believe that there is a niche market for a recruiter in the surveying industry.  There is not one firm in my area that focuses only on recruiting and placing talent in the surveying profession.  I have many contacts and am also a licensed surveyor.  Do you think this is something I should look into?  I currently work full-time for and engineering firm.  It would be tough for me to leave right now without a salary, so part-time may be an option, but how?  If you think this is possible, I would like to speak with you about moving forward and any advice or resources you may have. 
    i appreciate your help.
    Rusty