WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Continue current business or sale idea to others or both

SkipTraceGuySkipTraceGuy subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2008 in Boomers Back in Business
I have a business that I currently make 6 figures at yearly have been doing so for the past 10 years. My question is should i continue to run my business as it is or should I try to put what i do into books & manuals and sale my Idea to the public for say $1999.00 or maybe more or less i don`t know yet, maybe do both until one can replace the other.
Basically it`s kind of like Carlton sheets, continue to make money buying & selling real estate himself or sale the "how to`s" to the public & make millions that way, what do you all think? 
Just a little info on what I do, I work from home part time mostly on the computer, I mail out letters and provide a service to those who respond, it`s a great business that anyone can do from anywhere, I just want to make more money but i don`t want to hire employees.
Another question is how much money do you charge someone for an idea that could make them possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars? Especially if you can prove that you have been doing it for a long time.
thanks in advance to all who reply to this post!

Comments

• Options
    startuphelperstartuphelper subscriber Posts: 2
    You make 6 figures working part time from home on the computer? And you want to make more money? Ok. Sure. Why not.

However, in order to get people to dish out $2000 for your manuals, you need to build credibility. Usually people that offer their methods for sale for thousands of dollars, do so by offering free seminars where they stir up excitement, showing how they`ve successfully done such and such for so many years (and can prove and back up their claims). Then at the end of their talk they offer to let you in on their secrets for a mere $1999.00.

Or, they develop a following via a successful website or product and then put on seminars whereby they charge upwards of $1500.

I sure would love to hear what service you offer.