WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Newbie memeber & aspiring entrepreneur needs ADVICE

ChallengeUrselfChallengeUrself subscriber Posts: 6
edited May 2008 in New Member Welcome
Dear Rich, Jeff and all:
  I am very very excited to be introduced to Startupnation (by Donny Deutusch). It was like answer to my prayers as I needed a mentor/coach to guide and advice me on my path to success and entrepeneurship.
Currently I am working for a top retailer and have made a decision to move back to India as my job is not fulfilling my hunger for challenges, knowledge and excitement. I have along term dream to be a entrepreneur --I have come to this decision after careful self-analysis and past experiences. I am moving to India in 3 months but I am not very clear in what should be my first step when I reach India?
I have couple of options in my head and I would greatly appreciate your advice-
1. Analyze the market and its needs and find a partner and go for a venture (idea should evolve sometime soon)
2. Join a good company and get experience and meanwhile analyze the market
3. Join a small entrepreneurial firm and get a firm grip on how to begin a successful business
If  you guys have any more suggestions?
Though I am not very clear with what kind of business I want to do. I desperately need some advice. I want some change, I want to do something different and challenging, I know i have great potential just need the right direction
Please please help me make a right choice!!!!!
Thanks alot!!!ChallengeUrself1/8/2009 8:38 AM

Comments