WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New website rewards program, www.myperkplace.com

fmapapfmapap subscriber Posts: 8
edited April 2008 in Website Critique
Hi All,
After struggling to encourage good usage of previous sites I built I came up with the idea behind MyPerkPlace.com.  Basically websites by points that they can distribute to their users however they like (registering, inviting friends, adding posts, etc).  The points accumulate for ALL member sites in a users account and then they can earn rewards.  It`s like frequent flier miles but for the ENTIRE WEB - well at least sites that belong to the network.  I`d love your thoughts on the site itself, but even more so on the idea and execution of the idea.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    In general we would hope a member site would be promoting the fact they are a member and that user`s earn points (otherwise they are not getting the most out of our program).  That aside, the ver first time you get points with MyPerkPlace.com you get an email stating that you`ve gotten points thanks to your activity at site `xyz`.  After the first time you get a monthly account status email.
    Thanks again for the feedback.
  • Options
    As always the biggest challenge is getting the early adoptors... We are currently looking for some beta sites to work with and are even offering the first 10K points free... but so far no takers.