Health Insurance for the Entrepreneur

forgueamforgueam Posts: 2subscriber
I have several opportunities available to me right now that would allow me to start and run my own company. However, everytime I sit down and evaluate each option, I ultimately end up being discouraged by my health insurance issues.I could always get an individual insurance plan, but for what my wife and I need, it would cost us a minimum of $700/month. I am curious to find out how other entrepreneurs have handled the health insurance issue.What other options do I have?Are there any companies out there that offer really good plans for start-ups?How do you handle your health insurance?Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!Aaron

Comments

• RichRich Las Vegas, NVPosts: 636administrator Site Admin
    christopher,
    great stuff! when can we get an article from you to put in the StartupNation newsletter on this topic?
    rich
  • GOnSRFNGOnSRFN Posts: 0subscriber
    Good question and great replies.

Just wanted to say thanks because I went on after reading the
    posts to www.ehealthinsurance.com and found several quotes
    that are 2-3 times less a month than my current carrier! This
    means more money I can spend starting my biz!
  • forgueamforgueam Posts: 2subscriber
    Good question and great replies.

Just wanted to say thanks because I went on after reading the
    posts to www.ehealthinsurance.com and found several quotes
    that are 2-3 times less a month than my current carrier! This
    means more money I can spend starting my biz!Glad I could help!These really are some great replies with some great information. The insurance issue has been a really big sticking point with me, but now I think I have a lot more information to work with.
  • keyconkeycon Posts: 34subscriber
    Mentioned above was about joining a trade association. Good idea. One to check out is the NFIB - National Federation of Independent Businesses - www.nfib.com</A> - they offer group plans because they have a lot of members. Good organization to belong, too, anyway. Worth looking into. Good resource for small business (no offense, SuN - I like this place, too)
    Plus, congress is close to passing a law to make it easier for companies to band together and be able to get group rates like big companies. Keep an eye on this legislation - it is important to small businesses all across America.
    [email protected]