WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Concept of Startup Weekend

feconrosesfeconroses subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in Selecting a Business

Hey guys! First post here! Nice to join this community

I’m trying to create an event similar to the concept of "Startup Weekend", here in Latinamerica, with some twists. I believe it’s a new concept in the region and it hasn’t been done. In order to help my planning, I want to know what’s your opinion about the concept behind SW, what’s the pros/cons, the good and the bad, everything!

For those who aren’t familiarized with Startup Weekend, the concept is to recruit a highly motivated group of developers, business managers, startup enthusiasts, marketing gurus, graphic artists and more, reunite them under the same roof in a 54 hour event, in order to create a startup in one weekend.

It’s a super intensive experience. The people participate in the event, not only because everyone has a small share of the startup, but because of:

Networking. You have the possibility to not only meet a diverse group of people, but you got the possibility of working with them, know their strengths, their weaknesses, what they are good, etc.

Learning process. You are surrounded of experts in their fields. Also, you got the chance of “learn by doing things”, experience how to make fast decisions, etc.

The experience itself: it’s something innovative, unique and promotes the enterprising spirit. Imaging someone asking you “what have you done last weekend” and you answering “This weekend was really nice, we have created a business, what about you?”

Well, basically that’s the concept. For more info about StartupWeekend you can visit

www.startupweekend.com
. Sorry for my English (it’s not my native language ). Please every feedback is positive!!

Comments