WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Does anyone do dropshipping?

famozacomfamozacom subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Sales
I`m getting ready to launch an online store, but I need to figure out how to setup my wholesalers/drop shippers. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or insight in this area. One problem I`m having is if I have a number of dropshippers and I`m not keeping or storing any actual inventory, how do I setup shipping so that I dont have to pay shipping costs from say 5 different drop shippers? I wan t to give the illusion of single source shipping with my shipping labels, invoices, etc. Anyone have a solution to this problem?Always,Casandra
famozacom2007-10-9 22:39:18

Comments

• blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    TJ Graff had a great way of doing drop shipping at GoTruckStop.com, http://gotruckstop.com</A> .
    I had the chance to speak with him a few times. From what I recall, his shopping cart will split the orders based on a vendor code. So if the customer orders 3 items from 3 seperate vendors, the system will automatically send 3 seperate emails to each of the vendors. If I recall, GoTruckStop has tiered shipping rates also, based on dollar amounts, with free shipping after $100 purchased.
    If I recall from talking with TJ, he built enough margin in the prices to cover shipping, even after the $100 amount was reached.
    Note: I posted in another thread about the ill timed fate of TJ. I`ll miss him.
  • gtbeargtbear subscriber Posts: 0
     You could add a flat "handling charge" that would  cover any addtional cost or  you could add a statement about actual shipping charges will be reflected on  their invoice.  In this way you could calculate the shipping from your drop shipper to them and then charge the customer. gtbear2007-10-12 6:11:51
  • gtbeargtbear subscriber Posts: 0
    We also drop ship our bears for stores and we use their invoices, labels and packing slips.   Our boxes are either generic or supplied by the store so your customer never knows we exist unless you tell them.  Of course we keep no record of your customers except in the shipping log so, your customers are your customers. gtbear2007-10-12 6:16:42
  • ImagingBuffetImagingBuffet subscriber Posts: 0
    I noticed a few months ago that Amazon.com has a storage and drop-ship program.
    If you can be included in Amazon`s catalog as part of the deal, that can give you access to 60+ million customers. Here is a link to the main page: <http://www.amazonservices.com/businesssolutions/&gt;
    I`m curious if others are using Amazon`s drop ship service.
    All the best,
    Andrew Darlow