WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Please check my website

flowergirlflowergirl subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Website Critique
Please check my website
www.flowersbymarianne.com

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Well, remember, you asked for it...
    Your home page is, all over the place.  It looks "scattered".  First, I would line up the images.  Next, when I click on an item`s image, I should be taken right to the page that describes that item and provides the opportunity to buy.  But, I get taken, instead to your "Shop By Products" page.  Which, by the way, should have sample photos of the product.
    Don`t underline text - it looks like it should be a link.
    You have four different colors of text on your home page.  Pick two and stick with them everywhere on the rest of the site pages.
    You have six different fonts and font sizes on the home page.  Pick two, etc....  Your bullet points are simply too small to read.
    "Wedding info and Pictures".  Some of your images have no border.  The ones with a border look better.  You also have seven different fonts, font sizes and colors on this page.  Pick two .....
    I don`t like centered text except for headlines.  A paragraph in centered text (or justified text) is harder to read.
    "About Us".  Try to put text into the big white space on the top-right.
    "Contact Us".  It`s OK up to the "Flowers By Marianne Proudly Serves......"  Why is this on your "Contact" page?  You need another page for "Locations Served" or something like that.  Also, why are you repeating the list of locations at the bottom?  The "areas served" should be a bulleted list.  Don`t make the reader search.
    Finally - your "Home Page" looks more like what I would expect for the "Shop by Product" page, and your home page should be a simple `here`s what we do, here`s how we can make your occasion better`.  You need a headline - statement of purpose, and a call to action.  The CTA could be something like `go to our products page and call us to make the boquet or arrangement that you will remember`...   Or something like that...
    Don`t forget one or two pretty pictures on the home page.
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    What Steve said.
    A lot of inconsistency, and it isn`t organized.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advise! I guess I will Be very busy!
  • Options
    Thank you Steve...I will get busy!
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi! I would put all of the navigational picture links into a side nav and use the mid part of site to get customers interested. Right now you don`t know where to go and the space should be more inviting..telling a story and those areas should just be put on the navigation.

erin
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    On the about us.. the picture with you and all the flowers should be made to look great and I would suggest using that to tell your story right on the home page.. This is me, this is what I do and why....