WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Determing Corporate Structure

ErinErin subscriber Posts: 3
edited July 2006 in Business Planning
Hello all,

I`m starting a business of teaching cooking classes, in people`s homes, at local community centers, etc.  I`m thinking my corporate structure should be similar to that of a catering company.  Does anyone know whether that would be an S corp, or something else?

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Erin,
    This is really a decision for you and possibly your accountant to make. Doesn`t really matter what kind of business it is. I would think you`ll probably end up wanting to go either LLC or S Corp. I highly suggest you learn a lot more about the different types and how they are treated in yourt state and talk to an accountant if you use these services.
    R@
  • ErinErin subscriber Posts: 3
    Good point, Richard.  Thank you.  I will talk to my accountant.  I`ve studied a bit about corporate structure through some coaching I`ve been getting, but of course, my accountant would know best.  I`ll call her today!
  • ErinErin subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks, I`ll check it out.  I appreciate your input.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    erin,
    what about occassionally sharing a recommended dinner menu with cooking instructions here in the forums? you could call it "erin`s evening," assign people to cook the meal on one specific day, and get feedback the next day from people who tried out the recipes. more interestingly for your business, you develop quite a following, even national renown, get testimonials, practice on the entrepreneurial masses(!), and make a lot of us happy!!!
    what do you think?!